PORTAGE ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship will be awarded to students who complete at least 18 credits through Portage Learning. These students,
once accepted into their schools’ program, can apply to receive a $500 scholarship, paid to the school to go towards the
student’s school expenses.
Over the last few years we have seen an increase in the number of students needing to complete multiple courses in order
to fulfill their prerequisite requirements. We recognize the growing need for these students to have a clear and dedicated
path towards completing these requirements and feel this scholarship will serve as motivation for students.
Our goal is to encourage students to commit towards a future in the health field, and to demonstrate our ongoing commitment
to these students as they pursue degrees in the health professions.
How to qualify:
- Students must complete at least 18 credits through Portage Learning.
- Courses must be completed within 24 months of the date of registration for the first course.
- Registration period is June 1st, 2016 through July 1st, 2019.
- Students must be accepted into the program of their choice before applying for and receiving the Portage Academic Scholarship.
- Once a student is accepted, they can fill out the Portage Academic Scholarship Application, which will be reviewed by Portage Staff/Faculty. Once the application is reviewed and approved, a $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student. The monetary check will be sent directly to the school and designated for that student's school expenses.
- The student will also receive a letter confirming their scholarship award.
- The scholarship application must be received and processed prior to the beginning of the student's final semester of school.